One of the largest herring producers in the Baltic States that traditionally used glass jars for pickling.
Help the customer develop light-weight container for herring, suitable for export.
⦁ Make the jar neck compatible with standard aluminium cap
• Come up with jar design that would seem like glass
• Ensure that oily marinade does not leak from the inside
⦁ Customized preform with glass-like neck was engineered
• A number of different jar visualizations were produced and the customer chose the best design for them
• Induction sealing was proposed as an added safety measure
Why choose PET over Glass?
The debate regarding what type of material is best used for bottling has been on for a while now. Even though glass has its own benefits, PET seems to be taking more and more market share lately for a number of reasons.
PET advantages over Glass:
- Recyclability. PET is 100% recyclable and is considered the most environmentally friendly type of plastic;
- Transportation costs. PET is 80% lighter than glass and therefore helps cut transportation cost due tojload weight;
- Environmental contribution. Smaller fuel consumption during transportation means smaller CO2 emissions;
- Weight. PET is not only more convenient to transport, but also to handle and store.
- Durability. PET containers are reliable and have high impact resistance – bottles do not break when dropped.
- Safety. Due to resistance to impact PET is shatter proof and guarantees completely shard free product.