Hot fill extended shelf life
“Hot fill PET bottles are used for a number of different products that require pasteurizing, including juices, syrups, sauces and other foods. Hot filling eliminates the need of preservatives, while preserving ambient temperature shelf life of 6–12 months”
Maple syrup producer from Canada who had a locally developed hot fill bottle that did not keep the original shape after filling.
Help the customer improve the existing hot-fil preform and bottle to guarantee reliable filing process repeatability.
• Achieve reliable square shaped hot-fill bottle
• Retain bottle geometry after filling 85° heated maple syrup
• Ensure bottle base stability
• Guarantee optimal bottle weight distribution
⦁ Support ribs were deepened and sharpened to increase bottle rigidity
• High quality hot fill PET resin was used for preform injection to achieve high cristalinity
• Bottle base was re-engineered with higher definition collapsible spots to absorb vacuuming impact.
• Preform geometry was redesigned to perfectly match bottle parameters according to stretch ratios
FlexBlow2 with heated moulds and special stretch rods.